ss_blog_claim=b2b38f866253a1cdcb65ed0875d62423

Working on Cruise Ships

Ever wondered how is it like to work on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world? This is my experience, my life and my view as an employee on one of the many cruise ships sailing around the world.

Publish your articles and get paid for it
Other things
Travel News
Creers & Employment News
Other things
Other things
Other things

 Subscribe

Thursday, March 27, 2008
To be or not to be married

It’s very easy to become another person when you’re away from home and the people you know. You can chose to be married or not, to be single or not, to have kids or not, so on and so forth.

Royal Caribbean does not disclose personal information about its employee and anyone who does that is immediately fired. We did had a few cases when people working in the shipboard offices gave personal information about one employee or another, sometimes out of naivety or because the one who requested was a good friend, but those people are home now, looking for another job. This is good news for some who have things to hide, like many I personally know, but bad for others who have no means of finding who the loved one really is.

It happened to me too and for a while I was ashamed, blaming myself for not seeing it coming, but then I realized it’s not my fault, I did not do anything wrong. I met him on my first contract; he was charming, smart, educated, and quite handsome. He told me he was single and I fell for it, maybe it was just wishful thinking, but he acted like one. No calls from home, no strange emails, we kept in touch daily when he was on vacation. And time passed, and we were seeing each other for almost a year when he told me he’s divorced and has a daughter. I should have slapped him and go away right on that moment for lying to me, but instead I understood his apologies and moved on. A few months after, finally he feels guilty enough to tell me he’s still married to his daughter’s mom, but they don’t live together for years.

That was enough! Even I knew that no Indian will ever divorce his wife, no matter how horrible she is. It’s just not in their blood and culture and their family won’t speak to them ever again. Valentine’s day, while he was sleeping, I packed my bags, left the key on the living room table, and moved back to my cabin. Nobody can imagine how much it hurts; I have no words to describe it.

But we all move on sooner or later. He showed up in the crew bar (we call it “back deck”) with a German girl after a couple of days, I met this wonderful man who makes me laugh and who I can actually relate to in terms of tradition and habits because we’re both European. But at least I didn’t show him off, I kept him to myself and enjoyed him and I still am.

I just hope he’s not married or in a serious relationship because I really like him and believe me, I can be pretty picky when it comes to men.

Labels: ,

posted by Ariana @ 12:13 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe to this blog



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me
Name: Ariana
Home:
About Me: Born in a small town, ended up working around the world. I love to socialize, see places, make new friends. Always there to help, even when nobody is asking for it :-)And now I am learning graphic design as well, check out my other blogs.
More Information



Previous Post
Archives
Want more traffic?
Book Marks

Top Blogs Travel

BlogRovR: read my blog anywhere!
My Networks