ss_blog_claim=b2b38f866253a1cdcb65ed0875d62423

Working on Cruise Ships

Ever wondered how is it like to work on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world? This is my experience, my life and my view as an employee on one of the many cruise ships sailing around the world.

Publish your articles and get paid for it
Other things
Travel News
Creers & Employment News
Other things
Other things
Other things

 Subscribe

Friday, March 28, 2008
God, is so good to be home!

And here we are near the airport when the driver asks us which terminal we’re going to. I am trying to find the terminal number in the sign off papers that I got from the Crew Administrator, but there’s nothing. I look around and see quite a few disorientated people shuffling through the papers from the crew office… “Damn you Jitendra, you forgot to print out the flight details again!!!” is the first thing that goes through my mind. Well, I don’t blame him entirely, he is overwhelmed by the amount of work he has to do, plus, that day, we had full crew immigration inspection and we could have checked the flight details, but still…

Lucky me, the airline’s name was written on each terminal and I could find mine, but that was about all the luck I had. I get in the line for luggage check in, when my turn comes, guess what? I have 7 kg over and I need to repack. I ask the lady how much is the overweight fee and she replied that there’s no fee, but I need to repack. I paid $30 for a new bag, repacked, checked in my luggage and I go for the custom check.

I take all my jewelry, shoes, jacket and laptop and put them in one of the containers, another container for my backpack and my carrier, all went through the scanners. And guess what?? They saw something suspicious in my carrier and now I have to open it. It’s been already an hour since I stepped in the airport.

“No problem” I say to my self again while opening my luggage. First thing that was checked for explosives was my hard drive, the next one was the carrier itself. Apparently, perfumes over 100 ml are not allowed in hand luggage, but the lady was nice to me and just gave me a warning.

Long story short, after waiting almost 6 hours in the Huston airport, I get into the airplane and try to sleep through the 9 hours flight to London. Another 8 hours in the Heathrow airport and here I am in the airplane to Romania. After more than 41 hours I step in Otopeni, my home Airport.

God, is so good to be home!

Labels: ,

posted by Ariana @ 1:26 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe to this blog



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me
Name: Ariana
Home:
About Me: Born in a small town, ended up working around the world. I love to socialize, see places, make new friends. Always there to help, even when nobody is asking for it :-)And now I am learning graphic design as well, check out my other blogs.
More Information



Previous Post
Archives
Want more traffic?
Book Marks

Top Blogs Travel

BlogRovR: read my blog anywhere!
My Networks