ss_blog_claim=b2b38f866253a1cdcb65ed0875d62423

Working on Cruise Ships

Ever wondered how is it like to work on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world? This is my experience, my life and my view as an employee on one of the many cruise ships sailing around the world.

Publish your articles and get paid for it
Other things
Travel News
Creers & Employment News
Other things
Other things
Other things

 Subscribe

Sunday, March 30, 2008
What’s wrong with you guys???

It is just me or everybody just went crazy? All my life I dreamed of visiting Asia. I was and am in love with its culture, food, religion and I promised to myself I will one day visit it, country by country.

Finally I decided to start with Thailand simply because my boss lives there. He’s an American married with a Thai girl who settled there years back. He was telling me about his home there, the country and habits and I just had to see it.

So I booked the flight and the hotel, 5 nights in Bangkok, 9 in Pattaya with a plan to visit all the palaces, temples and whatever else is to see in each of the locations. I would have thought my parents would be happy for me, but no, they are more worried about me being alone there. I am alone everywhere I go anyway, when embarking the ship, when visiting my friends…

Talking about friends….I got a strange reaction from them too. They all think that Thailand is the land of sex and that’s it. When I tell them about the things you can see there all I get back are smiles and the annoying “yeah, yeah!” reply. Last friend I told about it advised me to buy a lot of condoms and have fun…. What’s wrong with you guys???

Can I help but thinking this is the same situation that happens to Romania as well. Foreigners who never visited it imagine that Romania is a poor country where everybody abandons their kids because they have nothing to feed them with and the women sell themselves for pennies. How wrong!

Anyway, just had to relieve so steam, that idiot friend of mine with the condom comment really pissed me off.

Labels: ,

posted by Ariana @ 3:25 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe to this blog



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me
Name: Ariana
Home:
About Me: Born in a small town, ended up working around the world. I love to socialize, see places, make new friends. Always there to help, even when nobody is asking for it :-)And now I am learning graphic design as well, check out my other blogs.
More Information



Previous Post
Archives
Want more traffic?
Book Marks

Top Blogs Travel

BlogRovR: read my blog anywhere!
My Networks