ss_blog_claim=b2b38f866253a1cdcb65ed0875d62423

Working on Cruise Ships

Ever wondered how is it like to work on one of the biggest cruise ships in the world? This is my experience, my life and my view as an employee on one of the many cruise ships sailing around the world.

Publish your articles and get paid for it
Other things
Travel News
Creers & Employment News
Other things
Other things
Other things

 Subscribe

Friday, April 18, 2008
Alone, but not really

Nobody wants to be alone. That’s a universal truth that applies to all of us no matter which country you come from, what age or sex you have or what job you do. You might think you want to be alone when you get fed up with your friends or girlfriend/boyfriend, but that’s only temporary and you find yourself alone in an empty room wishing somebody will be there to talk to you.

So why in the world I chose to go alone in this trip to Thailand, you may ask. Oh well, I didn’t choose to go by myself; it’s the circumstances that brought me here alone. It’s always been a dream of mine to visit Asia and since my friends were either working, not interested in traveling or didn’t have enough money for this trip, I decided to go as a solo traveler.

It wasn’t an easy decision to make, but I am kind of proud of myself for following my dream and not let my fear of being alone get in the way of it. Because, let me tell you, worse that being alone is postponing your dreams because of this fear.

I walked out of Bangkok International Airport thinking “Oh my God, I am all alone here!!” and now, after more than a week, I feel like I can go anywhere, do anything I set my mind to. It feels great when you achieve things you thought you couldn’t do. But that’s the thing, you might think you can or can not do something, but unless you try it, you have no way of knowing it for sure. You can do anything you want to as long as you follow 3 little guidelines:

1. it makes you happy

2. it doesn’t hurt the ones around you

3. you have a good plan for it

If you follow these guidelines you set yourself for success in anything you do. Take a moment, close your eyes and think. Is it what you really want? If yes, take another moment and think if anyone will get hurt because of your actions. No? Then go ahead and start planning. Think of any possibility and create a plan for it. Sounds like it’s a lot of work, but really it isn’t, and after a while, it’ll become an habit.

Doing things by yourself gives you confidence and it has a snowball effect. Meaning, you do more things by yourself, you get more confidence to do more things, things you might have thought you could never do and that increases your self esteem even more. The first step is the hardest, and then it gets easier and easier.

And you know what? You get to meet a lot of people along the way. I did and that’s why I am not sorry at all I took up on this adventure on my own. I am actually considering doing this again, and this time I’ll go alone, not because I have to, but because I want to. And anyway, you are alone, but not really… there’s always someone there who will talk to you if you give them the chance.

Labels: ,

posted by Ariana @ 8:03 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Subscribe to this blog



Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About Me
Name: Ariana
Home:
About Me: Born in a small town, ended up working around the world. I love to socialize, see places, make new friends. Always there to help, even when nobody is asking for it :-)And now I am learning graphic design as well, check out my other blogs.
More Information



Previous Post
Archives
Want more traffic?
Book Marks

Top Blogs Travel

BlogRovR: read my blog anywhere!
My Networks